I grew up as any young Canadian boy did…collecting and “playing” hockey cards at school recess and lunch times. Was it really for the cards, though, or was it that amazing gum!?
Anyway, like most kids that grow up, I got away from the hobby and got more interested in girls…got married…had two boys…work like crazy for a living…you know, the usual stuff.
I got pulled back into the hobby when our oldest son was doing a project for his church boys’ club (similar to Scouts, etc.) and one of the badges he wanted to work on was Sports Card Collecting, so I was more than happy to help him! Well, needless to say it pulled me back in with both feet. Long after his project was done, and he moved on to other, more electronic, things I remain involved in the hobby in a big way, both from a personal collecting standpoint, and also as a budding part-time “dealer”. I run multiple online stores selling various baseball, hockey and other trading cards, but the real fun for me still lies in my own personal collections and projects, currently consisting of:
- Tomas Kaberle Player Collection
- Keith Aulie Player Collection
- Brett Lawrie Player Collection
- Family Guy Autographs (Trading Cards)
- Assembling a binder (or binders) with all Toronto Blue Jays team sets from 1977 to present, comprised of any Topps Series 1, 2, Rookies & Traded (what I consider to be the “main” Topps cards) cards with players in a Jays uniform, or with Blue Jays as the team they are a part of on the card.